10.25.2004


Saturday Night Jive
While Ashlee S. was missing her cues, I was out on the town, the downtown specifically. I had a swimmingly fine time, but neglected to eat anything along the way. I won't go into details but I paid for that mistake. Oh my, did I pay. I think I was coming down with something anyway but I managed to make it eight-thousand times worse. I hated existence on Sunday. But over the weekend, I managed to see two bands I had been meaning to see (or see again) for sometime... VHS or Beta were better than I remembered while Mahjongg good overall, great rhythms for sure but kind of careless vocally in an off-putting way. I'm digging my ears into the "Crooked Rain, Crooked Rain" double-CD version and loving it so far. I must admit I listened to a cassette dub of this album constantly for three months before it originally came out. I have it hardwired into my brain, and could even fake some of the tunes on the guitar for a while there. Pizzas here, gotta go.

No comments: