Everything Must Go
I'm in minimizing mode, either because I've gotten bored with my toys and I'm ready to trade 'em in for new ones or perhaps because having too much stuff that doesn't work as well as you'd like is really a total drag. Initiating the CD/LP weeding-out project was cathartic. The next big cuts in the crap inventory will come from the department of vintage music gear. I've got an extra reel-to-reel four-track (a Teac A-3340S) that I'll probably unload if I can get it to work again. Working models are going for $400 online. There's a big heavy Yamaha keyboard that I love but just don't use too often unfortunately and a weird Italian analog/midi hybrid synth by Siel that someone will gladly take off my hands I would hope. If I can make the inventory reductions that I would like to, I'd like to get a decent new synth, maybe some microphones, oh and my turntable has been bugging me lately... ah man, here I go again...
In other news, saw the Libertines last night, loved the show and turned in a piece on them for the Chicago Reader.
2 comments:
JD, do you know of anyone with a working 1/4" reel to reel who may let me use it to dump something to digital? I know you have a broken one.... and Soma has a broken one....
Andrea
sharpcorners@yahoo.com
Do you mean a 1/4" 2-track or four track?
Post a Comment