10.31.2004


Miss Misery
Another weekend which I managed to ruin by getting ill and this time I could not shift the blame to Maker's Mark but really only a lack of sleep on Thursday and Friday nights. Perfect Panther's Darkroom gig was reasonably well attented with about 50-60 people in the house at showtime. Our performance was fair, but probably much better than the last couple Chicago shows. This weekend was wall to wall rock gigs if you go in for that sort of thing. If I had the energy I would have had to choose between seeing the Clinic, Ratatat, Mannequin Men with the New Constitution and Plush. But standing for an hour anywhere just wasn't on my agenda.

With my ample couch time, I caught up on The Wire and watched not less than three Woody Allen films that were running constantly. "Love and Death" was the best of the bunch. It's a satire of Russian 19th century novels and the last of his "screwball" comedies. There are a million great lines. Woody Allen's humor and philosophy come together with such a light touch in "Love and Death" that it's hard to discern or notice any heavy message but I think it's a heavier movie than it seems. Allen called it his most personal film. And there are some great jokes about masturbation.

Oh yeah, vote for Kerry or you're not allowed to read me ever again.

No comments: