4.23.2005

Crazy Vibes
Today I stayed home and interviewed a certain producer/recording artist that I am currently really into and had that incredibly weird... wow we are on the same wavelength completely type feeling that you just don't get too often. I didn't even prep for the interview much the way I usually do. Kinda freaky. I'm now planning to do a side project for the sole purpose of recording with this person. The other thing I've realized I gotta do, is get back in the booking shows game. Fact is I know a lot of people and I want to play with my friends bands in other towns and here. But I've been avoiding the hassle and responsibility of booking shows because it is often a major pain in the ass and I've been in the position of trying to pull off tours of bands that weren't in a position to make any money touring before and not liked it, though i liked the actual touring. hmmm anyway... I've got some live recordings of Perfect Panther edited down that I will probably throw up online as MP3s but I'm kinda running out of juice at this moment so it will have to wait. I think live recordings are really under-rated, but then again my lady hates them so they're not for everyone. It got cold, real cold again here in Chicago, and I had little interest in leaving the HQ, so I did some CD burning and cable watching, NPR listening, dish washing. I have the urge to play guitar right now, but its a bit late for that, and the practice amp is somewhere deep in the monster closet.

No comments: