5.01.2005

Best weekend in sometime involved...
yes drinking too much, but only one night, and that day of recovery was actually very nice. I don't take enough naps I realized. And I don't make my own pizza enough, and I don't wash homemade pizza down with San Pelligrino and chianti and watch biopics in their entirity nearly enough. Sunday morning swims seem to set the world straight. Swimming is the new yoga, just not trendy or fashionable at all, but I guarantee you that 15 minutes into your laps you're much closer to a meditative state than you are in a room with a bunch of people listening to tantric electronica trying to look funky and natural.

I'm moving soon, but not very far. What's great is the idea of having a dishwasher, a washer and dryer and higher ceilings. What's going to be hard to leave is the neglible heating bill that comes with numerous radiators and the incredible view from the balcony at the current digs. I can't think of anything else I will miss here particulary. The excess of natural light I guess.

Just for the record, the Kaiser Chiefs album is not good, the Dead '60s album fairly listenable and the Maximo Park record absolutely phantastik. Buy the later when it comes out. The new New Order is a snoozer. It actually makes their last album, which was rockin' a bit too forcefully, sound inspired, or at least catchy. The Beat Bespoke is a nutty good compilation. I've recently nabbed rocksteady comps, a massive library of early Traxx records house compilations and some other really nice goodies that I've barely had time for. I'm also very lucky to be getting a secondhand Mojo subscription, a relative is passing on his copies (and hopefully CDs) when he's done with 'em. Hurray for re-use.

Plans for this week include moving rehearsal/recording space, getting the production on that DVD/CD compilation underway, rehearsing, cleaning out closet, eating some of that mountain of pizza.

Also on the reading tip.. the first item in the most recent New Yorker is about the new Pope. If you want to too much about how reactionary the new Pope is, definitely read it. If you don't need to know, still read it. Be afraid, be very afraid... this guy was the Richileu of the JPII years, or so it seems.

No comments: