12.14.2004

Unexplainable Productivity Increase
Every now and then I turn into a machine for getting things done, and I seem to be in that mode right now. I just go and go until I get tired and cranky, have amazing sleep and then start again. I'm juggling a zillion projects right now and sort of loving it. I'm actually hoping to do some more recording when my season of live gigs settles down, three shows in the next three and a half weeks with a vacation in there as well.

Listeningwise, the M83 album coming out on Mute is awesome from what I auditioned last night in the automobile. Internetwise, I'm catching up on all the Dimebag eulogies out there. I always was impressed by Pantera, though I can't say I know their recordings well.

Have you heard about the rat brain? I guess they taught this collection of brain cells to control a flight simulator, though I have yet to confirm. Civilization is doomed. Between that and the dioxin Ukrainian leader poisoning story, this is one fucked-up news month. On the Ukrainian question, I'm actually wondering how the blossoming democracy will affect the locals in my Chicago hood. Orange ribbons are tied around alot of the trees and parking signs in a show of support for the Liberals in Ukraine, so will any of these folks who have built a miniature nation in the middle of Chicago go back for any length of time? My neighborhood has Ukrainian churches, cafes, a huge bank, real estate companies, even its own modern art museum, who needs Kiev, right? Or will the younger folk sell off the brownstones and move back to the old world with loads of western cash? Better yet, rent the places out and move home and live like royalty in the Crimea?

No comments: