4.20.2004

Listening Station
The Action, "Rolled Gold" (Reaction)
The M's (brilliante)
Candi Staton (Honest John's)
The Aerovons "Resurrection" (RPM)
The Ponies "Laced with Romance" (In the Red)

good god, my CDs finally arrived and I'm listening to "Brain" by The Action and I am absolutely floored. What an amazing song! I love their soul stuff but I had no idea their psych-pop was so mind-blowing. No drugs, just one beer and pow. The Aerovons CD is great, but mostly for the production and arrangements, the lyrics are sub-Fabs for the most part but we can't all be Lennon/Mac. One tune is a blatant rip off of "Across the Universe" which they A's had heard before it was released. Candi Staton got only a quick listen, be back to that. I also got the Pony's album which sounds great (garagey, simple but unique) on first audition and hey, they live in the neighborhood. Up the wooden stairs...

No comments: