4.08.2004

Awesome thought-provoking radio? Check out Air America.

I'm trying to make up my mind whether the Bush administration is completely inept as Al Franken's radio show, Clark's testimony and these Rice's hearings seem to be indicating. Or, as my friends in political organizing and labor movement and columnists such as William Greider believe, that the administration is not simply NeoCon (neo-conservative) but actually radically reactionary and that certain movements such as running up an insane deficit, allowing unemployment to flourish, starting so many wars that the word will hate our country for generations to come is actually a STRATEGY, that it is being done thoughtfully and on purpose. I have to say at this point, I side with the former opinion. These guys are idealogues, but they are too incompetent, out of the loop and off their rockers to have a masterplan. The mess our country is in makes no sense even to true NeoCons. It's radical idealogy run amok. Idealogy is the justification, not altering reality. That reality has been altered in such a completely chaotic and destructive way by this administration. It bothers us, but it doesn't bother them. I have no point really, I just don't see that this is a materfully executed shift to the right. It's basically just radicals in power that can't be controlled by Congress or the people. Vote 'em out and hopefully things will change.

No comments: