9.25.2005

On the dancefloor, energy is neither created nor destroyed
I keep swearing off late nights and that one more drink, but this past week had too much going on. Tuesday night was a quick, see 'em and we're gone at the Franz Ferdidand show. Kelly was critical of Alex's vocals, but I thought it was a good, energetic, if short set. How many concerts do you get home from at 10:45pm? On Wednesday, a last minute, everyone-is-going, why-aren't-we? concert at the Chicago Theatre from Sigur Ros was a major revelation. What an incredible band, incredible acoustics, etc.? Better yet, the fellas from the band and their stage tech Jez met us at Sonotheque later that night for mad dancing to Indian techo from the MIDIval PunditZ. The entire club was freaking out in a very San Francisco style, meaning I think there were a lot of yoga practioners there. With the encouragement of the posse, I was experimenting with some mime dancing, y'know... man fishing, man running, hurdler, skateboarder, basketball dribbler, etc. The singer from Sigur seemed to be fond of smacking my ass ever now and then. I also got to meet the PunditZ on the way out. Wisely, I had switched to Evian at about 12:30pm so I wasn't too damaged. Thursday was early night in with Dr. Dugan coming by for a pre-Columbian meal at the always amazing Maiz and a walk to the Western blue line in the grey morrow. Friday night turned into a crazy tour of clubs and bars with some fun friends visiting from New Mexico. I was toting the LOMO Colorsplash camera around and taking photos of whomever wandered in my path. I discovered that I do like dancing to Kanye at two in the morning with a bunch of strangers. But ultimately, I think I might be done with gin-and-tonics. They seem to punish me extra hard.

No comments: