9.13.2005

Most of the concerts I've seen on the mall or near the U.S. Capitol have been protest gigs, though I have seen a bunch of Folklife type stuff there too. Is that a good or a bad thing? I think, ultimately, probably a good thing. This concert is coming up in a few weeks. I wonder if an "Anti-war Fair" would be cool, or just a drag. I just watched Weapons of Mass Distraction on IFC and found it to be just fine, but not particularly revealatory. Also, the Bouncing Souls were listed twice on the flyer I got for this rally.


When: Saturday, September 24
gather 11AM at the Washington Monument, concert begins at 3PM

What: March, Rally, Anti-war Fair and
A Free Music Festival To Stop The War In Iraq!

THIEVERY CORPORATION - BOUNCING SOULS
LE TIGRE - THE COUP - STEVE EARLE
WAYNE KRAMER OF THE MC5 WITH THE BELLRAYS
HEAD-ROC - MACHETRES AND MANY MORE
- HOSTED BY JELLO BIAFRA

Join Operation Ceasefire, a new coalition of concerned musicians, for a
massive anti-war concert/rally at the Washington Monument on September
24th. This event will be a centerpiece of what is expected to be 4 days of
enormous protests in nation's capital in support of a full withdrawal
of U.S. forces from the quagmire in Iraq.

For more information:
http://www.opceasefire.org/

No comments: