Too lazy to think for yourself?
Let Henrik Hertzberg do it for you. Seriously, he's been on fire recently in the New Yorker, even setting me straight on the whole Newsweek scandal. Newsweek, it turns out, was merely reporting what a reliable source told them. The error was his and eventually it may come out that the practices at Guantanamo are as bad or as worse as reported. Anyway, read the Talk of the Town, as I'm completely exhausted and unable to explain the finer points of the piece. Um, one month til move means more getting rid of stuff. CD sell-off imminent. God, I'm exhausted but I must say this. DJing is supposed to be hard work, but honestly I'm only good at it when I'm improvising the whole time. No, I don't match beats and really I don't want to learn. Hurrah for those that can, you are part of a tradition going all the way to the early '70s. Anyway, the point is, Thursday was so much fun and I barely even talked to anyone. I also made no plans before I started spinning. People actually came up and gave me money in the DJ booth for playing songs they liked. We call them happy drunks.
5.29.2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment