Reality
So much going on right now that I probably should pre-blogging in a notebook then culling the best-of for actual publication but no such quality control system exists here. Yet. Perhaps it was inevitable but I just learned that some close friends are going to be the subject of a reality show for CNN filmed here in Chicago. They start shooting tomorrow and the whole project promises to raise the drama level of the neighborhood for a couple weeks. I suppose I can file this alongside the meta-experiences of having a documentary made about someone you know much too well, having former associates and roomies appear in cable reality shows about Hollywood actresses fronting touring rock bands and the now commonplace... watching as my highschool hometown heroes have settled into careers as soundtrack creators and music advisors for indie films. Nathan Larson, formerly of Shudder to Think, whom I idolized for a time in my youth and opened for a couple times, did the soundtrack to the recently released film "The Woodsman" which I screened at home on Saturday (no I'm not an Academy voter but I am a "critic" in the eyes of some). It's a good film, Mos Def's small part is well executed and the music fairly interesting.
I've been eating lots of weird stuff the last couple days, I drank tons of beer Friday night at the photo-shoot and I'm feeling kinda gross in general. My plan is wake up really early and swim tomorrow. Wish me luck.
But praise the Gods, "Return of the King" was just starting when I flopped down on the couch tonight. I've been reading a bit about the Mayan culture and digging it and somehow (don't ask me how) that enriched the experience.
1.23.2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hey, John, e-mail me & we'll have you out for dinner at our house. I guarantee nobody's making a movie about us and I do the music selection. Or you do.
PS I have the Dope Slaves cassette and am going to digitize it for Jotz...do you want it too?
Yes I do want it and dinner would be great. I'm not really free for a month or so, but we should check in mid-March.
Post a Comment