Get Reel
Alright you Pro Tools using bastards, you've really done it now. The WSJ ran a story yesterday about Quantegy filing Chapter 11. Quantegy is the only company that makes magnetic tape of quality for recording studios and for NASA. And right now, new tape is pretty much vanishing. Wilco and other bands that record to tape are totally screwed. Steve Albini, being wiser than anyone that does what he does really, stockpiled tape and dudes like Walter Sears bought up everything they could get their hands on. I'm not sure where that leaves me. I use 1/4" tape not 2" tape and I have yet to look around for it online. I usually buy my tape down in Bridgeport at a camera shop that Liam from Plush turned me on to. I may have to call them and do my own stockpiling thing.
1.13.2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment