1.10.2005

Dude, Where's My?
I'm stalking around my place like some crazed old shut-in looking for my headphones. The wee little white ones. At 1am last night I was using them but as of 9am as I walked down the street to the CTA in a fog, they had vanished, never made it to my parka pocket. I searched the sidewalk, the office, the stairwell. Unless the cat has stowed the phones somewhere with his prized chunks of dead bird, bug carcasses and string collection, I have no explanation for the vanishing. But hey, it took me 10 minutes to find the pepper jack cheese in the fridge these evening. During my phones search, I discovered a five-year-old contract with a music publication (that still owes me money) folded up in my couch. I also realized that eating a light lunch, while working 9 hours and then gourging on Newman's-Os produces a mind-altering effect similiar to snorting a short line of fine Columbian. My sensitivity to stimulants, including chocolate, is now well documented.

In other news, having a new, much more challenging day job is pretty rad.

Listening Station
Richie Hawtin "DE9: Closer to the Edit" (Novamute)
Mylo "Drop the Pressure"

(20 minutes later)
Jesus, I found the headphones, they were kind of stuck under the door to my home office and silently sliding back and forth under the door and therefore almost invisible to any crazy person running around the apartment. I don't want to speculate on the extent of feline involvement, suffice to say that I have one furry grey one with a natural foods obsession on my "watch list." I'm not the only one having an off-kilter day. The hapless apartment handyman seems to have busted the window in the landing right outside my place. That's why it is freezing on my couch.

No comments: