Still trying to get the Blackwell hook-up going again. His people are great, he's just busy and important and considering how much free time I have, I must be the complete opposite. I did chat with Carl from the Libertines today. He was soulfully intelligent and has quite an amazing way at looking at things, considering how chaotic and unstable his band situation. His co-frontman Pete Doherty is currently exiled from the band for doing too much of the drugs.
Miles, Dave and I went to the hookah bar so I that I could review it. The decor was bizarre, the belly dancer definitely doing Latin steps and the smoke quite delectable. I think it took a full hour to get our check. Good times. Ran into the New Constitution guys at the Rainbo and caught up with them. They're super nice. May have to convince them to let me executive produce their album or A&R them or do something biz-wise that will make all of us rich as hell.
Otherwise, I've just been completely deluged with work opportunities. It's going to be a busy and hopefully lucrative season which makes up for the all the total freelance partying decadence of the last few months. Having no time to go to the pool, fiddle with the guitar, write absurdly long emails may be a shock to the system at first, but watching the bank account rise is a novelty that I can't resist.
My parents moved to South Bend, Indiana this week. I'm certain to see more of them for the next few months. Or am I?
Lovin' the Lympics, aren't you? Tennis, swimming, fencing, soccer in abundance.
Top things of the week...
The Animal Collective (live at Open End)
Rodan (especially that Japanese beer with the owl logo)
scoring Spooky Tooth, Humble Pie, Robert Palmer, Stories and Grand Funk LPs for sixty cents a pop and some nice Japanese ceramics thrifting yesterday.
By the way, check the air in your car tires. I went to inflate my left front tire on the Golf and realized the tire pressure was below 10 PSI. The suggested pressure is around 40 PSI. I'm lucky to be alive.
8.20.2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment