8.12.2004

I'm waiting for Chris Blackwell to call me back right now for an interview to run in Stop Smiling, should be interesting. I'm trying to keep the Island/Marley questions to a minimum. He's only in NYC for a short time, so I have to make the most of it.

In the meantime, I've been at war with my computer lately, but have won the latest skirmish. It turns out a lot of my Word files has the W97 virus or whatever it is called. Norton fixed those. In the meantime, I tried to install OpenOffice which is supposed to be an open source alternative to MS Office which I have been cursing lately for it's constant freezing up. Anyway, OpenOffice couldn't run, even with the X11 code installed etc. so I took that monster off. I'm not quite up on Unix and all the possibilities that it holds for Mac OS X. In general, it reminds me that my computer programming training ended in 1989 with C and I'm not sure that's a horse you can just get back on and ride.

I dropped off my amp and guitar to get repaired and set-up. I've just had it with that stuff being unreliable and hard to work with. Hopefully, getting the Vox fixed won't cost too much. I went out to Niles, IL where I believe Ludwig or Slingerland drums were once made (gotta check on that). There's like a weird little area with a music shop, comic shop and a natural foods store. Otherwise, it's not a very inviting suburb, though I saw some alright looking bungalows on the way in.

Oh, by the way, been daydreaming about a FLW house. There is one (the McCartney house I think) for sale near Kalamazoo for just over 300 grand, a steal. I've yet to dream up a way to finance it. Who's sick of rented apartments? Raise your hand. Oooh, actually the Eric Pratt house is up too. I want to live Usonian Automatic style.

Now back to waiting by the phone...

No comments: