3.29.2004

I've got my work cut out for me having taken on a big freelance assignment that's due in full in three weeks. I'm going to have to spend Saturdays locked in my home office writing just as the weather is making amends for the long winter we endured this year. Memo to self: move to tropical climate. In the meantime, those Fred Perry tennis shorts are gonna have to be patient. But as for weather, I'm looking forward to a week in Antigua in May, snorkeling, relaxing, laying in the sand, soaking up the all-around Caribbean decadence. Whatever gets you through the day, I suppose.

Big ups to Tim Ice for doing the mods on my Vox Cambridge amp. It sounds twice as loud and the tremolo sounds slick and pro too. Also big thanks to all the dudes I emailed with esoteric questions such as "which lead do I cut on the optocoupler? my amp doesn't work!" I probably learned a tidbit about electronics despite the fact that I left the hands-on aspect of the work to the iceman. I'm not stupid, now I'm dying to get home and plug in and put it through some paces.

I opted to see Franz Ferdinand Friday night rather than hit the openings at Three Walls, etc. in part because I had been out drinking at Rodan the night before and didn't want to travel far from home and in part because I had a suspicion that this slightly hyped band (by NME anyway) might be worth it. I lucked out. My ladyfriend and I were both very impressed and thoroughly entertained by the FF set. it wasn't really that crowded and I ran into good ol' Justin C. who's playing in the Panthers now. I've got a review underway of FF that I might post here on with the Modernist. The Reader wanted a thesis and I really didn't have one. Sorry Reader.

Is anyone as impressed with this guy Clark testifying before the 9-11 commission as I am? American hero or just the right guy in the right place for once? Unflappable. I was once offered an internship with the National Whistleblower Center but I opted to go on tour with a rock band instead. What the heck is up with Connie Rice? She can go on TV and spout all sorts of Bush defensive flack but she can't testify before the Congress because of the precendent it might set? Please. I can't wait 'til we throw this sad group of bums out on their right-wing asses.

No comments: