3.22.2004

Activity report:

Gearing up for a couple of really great Perfect Panther gigs with friends' bands (Ted Leo this week and Weird War a couple weeks later). We seem to be playing $10 and up shows lately, but the bills (The Stills, Quasi, etc.) have been really strong, so you can't really complain. At least, I'm not complaining. Perfect Panther's website is still in progress. Until PP get it together, check out the schedule at the Empty Bottle. Hopefully, we will remember to burn some CDRs to sell and bring flyers for our next show.

Over the weekend I did the following things: played guitar, went to IKEA and this gross mall in the suburbs (don't go on a weekend), put up curtains, three loads of laundry, went thrifting with Matt Steinke, rehearsed with Perfect Panther, ate at a mediocre Asian restaurant. I bought a great modern plastic chair at the thrift store, not sure of the designer provenance yet, but will look into it. It's German-made. Oh yeah, it's a kid's chair, which is maybe some kind of subliminal joke on the fact that Kelly and I keep joking around about having kids. It's not happening anytime soon. I also, in one of those magical "no way dude" thrifting moments, picked up another 4-track 1/4" machine, a TEAC 3340-S. It's more old-school than the Tascam 34B I use, but might be really cool once it gets cleaned up. It was a bargain too good to ignore.

Now playing:
Blonde Redhead "Misery is a Butterfly" (4AD)
Franz Ferdinand (Domino)
Mojo Music Guide Vol. 3 "Raw Soul"

No comments: