I'm just getting up to speed on the Jessica Cutler AKA Washingtonienne sex scandal back in DC. Washington's first big web-related sex scandal. She's done an exclusive Playboy.com (not the magazine) pictorial and as an occassional contributor to Playboy.com I got something in my inbox about her interview and photos this morning. Basically, Jessica, this low level staffer on the Hill had a bunch of sugar daddies, at least one a Bush appointee and wrote about her experiences with them explicitly in her blog. I don't find this all that shocking. A friend of a friend in NYC has some kind of international businessman sugar daddy and I think it is a relationship that while widely considered a few clicks short of prostitution is extremely common in metropolitan areas. I'm sure if sugar mommies were more common, I could have used one in about 1994. Maybe it's my coffee talking, but I'm not so much appalled as curious. Also, having worked on Capitol Hill very briefly and spent a lot of time in the DC area, I know that while it is not exactly the most stylish of cities, it is probably one of the most sex/power mad places I've ever lived. People are working it. For more information on the scandal, check out Playboy.com or perhaps the ever popular Wonkette. Forget the election, people will be talking about this in DC for years to come.
Also check out this piece on dating chicks in bands by Meghan McEwen. It's silly, but actually incredibly accurate. Nice work Meghan.
9.01.2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment