Top records of 2006, a work in progress
Top ten lists are a pain in the arse, but god, are they fun to read and sometimes I get paid for them.
Still shuffling this around... comments, suggestions? Hated the Rapture and Jenny Lewis at first, but ended up loving them, but they still didn't make the cut. Cat Power didn't make it, not sure why.
ALBUMS
1. Goldfrapp, Supernature (Mute)
2. Lindstrøm, It’s a Feedelity Affair (Smalltown Supersound)
3. LCD Soundsystem, 45:33: Nike + Original Run, (Nike)
4. The Ark, State of the Ark (Rebel Group)
5. Scritti Politti, White Bread, Black Beer (Nonesuch)
6. The Kooks, Inside In/Inside Out, (Astralwerks)
7. Love is All, Nine Times the Same Song (What’s Your Rupture?)
8. Vitalic, OK Cowboy, (Uncivilized World)
9. CSS, Cansei Der Sexy (Sub Pop)
10. Spank Rock, Yoyoyoyoyo (Big Dada)
Singles
1. Young People, Peter, Bjorn and John
2. Pop the Glock, Uffie
3. 45:33: Nike + Original Run LCD Soundsystem
4. SexyBack, Justin Timberlake
5. Daydreamin’, Lupe Fiasco
6. Waters of Nazareth, Justice
7. Anything by the Chromatics
8. Easy Love, MSTRKRFT
9. Magick (Simian Mobile Disco Mix), Klaxons
MORE TO COME...
Reissues
1. Cerrone, Cerrone 3, Recall
2. Thee Midnighters, In Thee Midnite Hour!!!! (Norton?)
3. Bee Gees, The Studio Albums 1967-1968 (Reprise)
4. The Byrds, There is a Season
MORE TO COME...
DJ Mix CDs
TO COME
12.06.2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Yeah, need to give that another spin. Kinda grew up in Tommy's zone of influence as he was a favorite of WHFS when it was the outlet for DC area homegrown new-wave stuff.
I must unmask myself as a non-crate-digging fool but I gotta put a word in for Rhino's What It Is! box set.
And hey, my wife and I were on vacation a few weeks ago and what should be laying around a lounge area at the resort but Time Out Chicago. I gotta say you know a lot about clubs and DJs and things (not that I've ever thought of you as musically ignorant, but I was just bowled over by the quality/quantity of it all).
Post a Comment