12.10.2003

Argh! I just wrote a flowing, gorgeous first installment of the masterpiece that will come to be known as my blog and somehow I (typically) lost it before posting. It's not as though I'm a tech dummy, I know this stuff and I blew it. Ahhh well. I'm getting a heavy feeling of Deja Vu from the whole endeavor right now. But it wasn't so hot in the first place. I wrote this state of my life and art report with an expectation that you (the reader) would be drawn with intense interest into my life, and now it's gone. But I'm not sure it was informative enough to be engaging and not funny enough to be entertaining. Otherwise, what is there? Information vs. Entertainment and what's in between, a topic for another day.

Let's just look at the present, it's been a good week, with productiveness at work, music, freelancing, stylin' and chillin' at home (I am loving my big apartment with a balcony, too many windows and gleaming G5). January could be radically different. I don't have a job nailed down yet as my current contract position expires and I have no idea whether I'll be busy with music of my own, my band's or whether I will finally dive into and committ to writing a novel (right now I'm thinking fiction and then I'll jump into the non-fiction work this summer). There are no plans, so perhaps it's time they be made.

This guy Taka is coming into town Friday to hang out. He's a cool photographer from Japan. I'm going to show him around and hopefully get my photo taken a 1000 times with a decent haircut for once. I'm going to show him a mix of real Chicago, indie Chicago and glam Chicago and see which he likes best.

No comments: